Maximus People Services employ real people with a remarkable passion to make a difference. How you behave and get things done is easily as important as your skills and capabilities and we want applicants who buy into our values and want to be part of a global business, in return we offer fantastic learning and development opportunities at every stage of your career.
We care for each other and promote a positive workplace where everyone feels valued. We know that a strong work/ life balance is important and we offer all kinds of flexible working opportunities; whether it’s to do with your disability, health or lifestyle choices we will support you to achieve the right balance. So if you're interested in flexible working opportunities, talk to us during the hiring process and we'll see what we can do.
Manage a diverse participant caseload into sustainable employment. Responsible for inspiring, motivating and building effective relationships with participants by reviewing, assessing and responding to individual needs and issues as they arise.
- Caseload management, providing end to end 1-2-1 support and guidance to enable participants to enter into and sustain work.
- Conduct a thorough in depth assessments to fully understand a participant’s needs and motivations to more accurately target personalised provision.
- Upon assessments determine level of support participants requires; High, Medium or Low level of support ensuring the frequency of interventions are appropriate.
- Analyse results from the ‘ASSESS’ phase to develop a tailored Action Plan describing the activities, milestones and job goals required to facilitate participant journey to work.
- Design the action plan to include, where necessary, a ‘pick and mix’ menu of activities, tailored to the participants needs which should be agreed at assessment.
- Utilise the expertise of our Specialist Provider Network to ensure participants have access to a wide pool of support from organisations to address non-work related barriers – continuously asses detail the support/updates on the action plan.
- Where a participant is already engaged with another specialist service, offer a three way assessment involving all key professionals to ensure service alignment around the individual, avoiding duplication.
- Record participant information and data onto database
- Conduct regular reviews with participants to assess progress against agreed targets, track achievements and address any issues that arise.
- Complete Better off in Work Calculations with participants
- Continuously assess whether current interventions are working, consider any changes that may need to be made on the Action Plan.
- Conduct Exit Reviews prior to participants leaving to assess progress against milestones, objectives and outcomes. Complete final action plan outlining recommendations for future steps.
- Agree In-work action plan before participants enter employment to ensure a smooth transition into work.
- Contact participants by telephone, SMS, email or in person on their first day of employment to verify that everything is going well to address any issues of concern that may have arisen.
- If appropriate, provide In-Work support for up to 52 weeks. The frequency to be risk based and agreed on an individual basis.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at C or above including English and Maths
- Articulate and inspiring verbal communicator
- Skilled at working with disadvantaged people to achieve their aspirations
- Effective and positive problem solving skills with ability to find a creative solution
- Background in mentoring/coaching roles
- Demonstrate strong focus and ability to implement client strategies
- Ability to identify factors contributing to individual progress and offer development through coaching, feedback and practical advice
- Knowledge to explain how recruitment processes work, and challenge preconceptions in this area
- Energy and commitment to progress initiatives
- Ability to remain objective, when necessary maintaining and representing a position required by the nature of the role or the organisational needs
- Confident and positive can do attitude
- Calm, rational and objective in all situations