Remploy, in partnership with MAXIMUS is an employee owned commercially focused employment services organisation that is the UK's leading provider of specialist employment support for disabled and disadvantaged people.
Responsible for leading, inspiring and engaging an exceptional high performing team within a geographical area, that facilitates and delivers flexible high quality skills contracts / programmes. Accountable for business growth, promotion of the business brand and efficient delivery of the business plan exceeding compliance and audits (including Ofsted), quality, financial and performance requirements. Responsible for delivery of contracted skills programmes, through the delivery of effective leadership, strong stakeholder management and operational know-how. Working alongside the Quality and Compliance and Curriculum Team to assure the quality and compliance of all skills programmes and qualification delivery to required standards. In line with our Skills and Education Strategy drive regional growth through exceptional performance, delivering high quality provision and identifying and exploiting new business opportunities.
- Coach, mentor and lead a high performance across skills programmes to maximise contract value and profit. Recruit, engage, develop and retain the right people. Promote empowerment and team capability to fully achieve objectives including starts, retention, completion, achievement rates and timely achievement, across all customer groups.
- Build strong relationships with external organisations (referral partners, employers funders, public bodies, contractors etc) to foster and maintain new relationships and opportunities, win new business and generate revenue through networking, and collaborating with internal teams and external bodies to develop and implement new business.
- Utilising both quantitative and qualitative data and feedback to drive performance and feed into continuous quality improving.
- Embedding quality and compliance expectations across all delivery related to skills programmes, in line with commissioner, external audit (eg.Ofsted) and Remploy’s requirements. Key contributor to skills SAR and QIP.
- Supporting with implementation of all skills strategies, policies and processes, in line with legislation, commissioner, external audit and Remploy’s expectations.
- Create and deliver against an annual business plan, carrying out regular budgeting, financial and performance forecasting and reporting. Manage profit & Loss to meet/exceed business requirements.
- Carry out regular resource & succession planning to optimise resource capability, flexibility and capacity that fully meets changing customer and business requirements. Maximise the retention of talent and maintain professional standards of service.
- Carry out ad hoc business projects and support the Head of Operations (Skills) or Head of Skills and Apprenticeships where required, to optimise business performance, continuously improve services and maximise employee engagement.
- Significant proven experience of effective leadership and management in a performance driven environment leading a peripatetic team across the UK
- Operational management including direct accountability for a broad range of ESFA funded skills programmes with a strong understanding of funding requirements and rules
- Experience of skills audits; both quality and compliance with a clear understanding of the Common Inspection Framework.
- Confident and competent in networking, building relationships, winning and securing business
- Track record in the delivery of high quality services
- Demonstrable experience in developing people, coaching, mentoring and facilitating the embedding of new learning so it has a positive impact on performance
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, specifically around listening, questioning, delegating and building relationships.
- Demonstrable negotiating skills that promote commitment and action.
- Highly competent in building and maintaining customer relationships, and effective promotion of customer care and Remploy Brand
- Able to plan and organise people, and carry out effective resource and succession planning
- Self-starter, able to prioritise and problem solve with minimal support
- Work in a flexible and autonomous manner; being visionary, promoting improvements and sharing best practice that supports business efficiency
- Willing to travel independently throughout the UK with occasional overnight stays
- Knowledge of the local labour and skills/education market and existing relationships with key stakeholders – promote the business within the local market
- Good understanding of new employer-led standards and funding changes in relation to Apprenticeships
- Management of skills programmes for disabled people / those with health conditions with a clear understanding of the barriers that people face.
- Demonstrable experience of Ofsted Inspections
- Management of apprenticeship programmes
- Management of ESF funded programmes
- Management of Study Programmes
- Curriculum development
- Committed to transforming the lives of young people and adults who may have disabilities or complex barriers to work, by enhancing their skills and supporting with their transition between education and work