Maximus People Services employ real people with a remarkable passion to make a difference. How you behave and get things done is easily as important as your skills and capabilities and we want applicants who buy into our values and want to be part of a global business, in return we offer fantastic learning and development opportunities at every stage of your career.
We care for each other and promote a positive workplace where everyone feels valued. We know that a strong work/ life balance is important and we offer all kinds of flexible working opportunities; whether it’s to do with your disability, health or lifestyle choices we will support you to achieve the right balance. So if you're interested in flexible working opportunities, talk to us during the hiring process and we'll see what we can do.
The primary focus will be to deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment and support achievement and progression. You will be part of a growing team delivering apprenticeship and training primarily within a large levy paying employer organisations. You will need to have experience of working with employers on creating models that truly reflect employer need along with occupational competence in Business Administration, Customer Service and Management. Recent experience in the delivery and assessment methods of apprenticeships; including the teaching/learning and embedding of maths and English functional skills at levels 1 and 2 as part of an apprenticeship is essential. You should also have a sound knowledge of the Apprenticeship reforms and the current shift from Apprenticeship frameworks to new Apprenticeship Standards
• Delivery outstanding teaching learning and assessment
• Work closely with and advise the employer and learner on the most appropriate apprenticeship pathway and level of learning.
• Managing a caseload of learners ensuring timely progression of their chosen pathway.
• Ensure all learners are visited; adhering to their agreed learning plan in line with the qualification/framework/standard guidelines and requirements.
• Monitor learner’s progression and ensure all forms of teaching, learning and assessment for each element of the apprenticeship/qualification is completed enabling candidates to meet the criteria for either end assessment or achievement of the chosen qualification
• Maintain learner records accurately, both hard copy and electronically, and ensure all evidence for all visits is readily available and accessible for audit and quality purposes.
• Undertake pre-placement and start up visits in-line with agreed procedures.
• Implement any improvements identified as a result of performance reviews and internal quality assurance.
• Undertake quality assurance and mock end assessment duties as required.
• Engage employers in all learner reviews and promote a positive image of the company and assist in the completion of employer training needs analysis to ensure employers are provided with training solutions for all their needs / teams.
• Work with employers to ensure that learners are entered for End Assessment at a point that is agreed and the learner is ready.
• Proactively work with Apprenticeship Management and Employer Engagement in order to maintain targeted caseload numbers in line with the ESFA contract value and Employer Levy expectations.
• Promote and monitor the Prevent Duty, Safeguarding, equality of opportunity and safe working practices as defined by Maximus/Remploy policies ensuring all mandatory training is completed
• Ensure maths and English is embedded into delivery
• Attendance at regional meetings and standardisation meetings
• To support new delivery staff, acting as a mentor and ‘work buddy’ when needed.
• To actively support the company during shortages by supporting caseloads in addition to your own.
• Provide support with inspections as necessary for the organization including Ofsted and Matrix.
• Other duties that may be reasonably assigned by the line manager.
• This role requires regional travel therefore you will be a car owner/driver with a clean driving licence.
• There is a requirement to pass an enhanced DBS check - the cost of the DBS check is covered by the company.
• To promote and uphold equal opportunities policy and procedures, actively promoting equality and seeking to challenge and overcome disadvantage and discrimination.
• To commit to and demonstrate behaviours based on the Company Values.
• To develop and maintain own professional knowledge, skills and experience, including formal training, CPD and networking with fellow professionals. Incorporating self-reflection to improve practice.
• To ensure a personal commitment to Customer Care and the Company reputation for excellence.
• To comply with safeguarding requirements in accordance with legislation and policy.
• To ensure the exchange of relevant information between partners takes place, ensuring the customer/client has given consent and that data protection requirements are complied with.
• To undertake any necessary administrative/ICT duties in line with role.
• To take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of him/herself and of other persons who may be affected by his/her activities and, when appropriate, to safeguard the Health & Safety of all persons under his/her control and guidance in accordance with the provisions of Health & Safety Legislation.
• To undertake any other duties, which may reasonably be regarded as within the scope and responsibilities/grade of the post as defined, subject to the proviso that normally any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms.
Level 3 Award Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement or equivalent (E)
PC Skills – ability to use databases, word processing, PowerPoint, email, internet and skype (E)
Training Qualifications (E)
English and maths to at least Functional Skills level 2(E)
Proven experience of work based learning, teaching and assessment
Experience of internal quality assurance and knowledge of apprenticeship standards
Proven, recent, competence in occupational areas delivered
Proven track record of commercial awareness and business acumen
Knowledge of work based learning funding and framework/standard requirements, NVQ assessment requirements and End Assessment needs
Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to engage with colleagues and candidates
Excellent communication skills verbal and written
Ability to plan and organise own caseload and diary unsupervised
Able to meet and exceed retention and achievement targets for qualifications and apprenticeships
The ability to grow and maintain candidate numbers in line with budgets and delivery profiles
A positive, approachable team player with a can do attitude
An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities (E)
Reliable and capable of fulfilling the employment contract (including good sickness record) other than for legitimate disability absences agreed with the Company (E)
Able to evidence commitment to company values (E)
Commitment to quality and customers (E)
Full driving license / vehicle owner and willingness to travel across the East Midlands Region (E)
Level 4 Award in the Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice or equivalent (D)
ENTO HSS8 Health & Safety Award or equivalent (D)