Maximus People Services employ real people with a remarkable passion to make a difference. How you behave and get things done is easily as important as your skills and capabilities and we want applicants who buy into our values and want to be part of a global business, in return we offer fantastic learning and development opportunities at every stage of your career.
We care for each other and promote a positive workplace where everyone feels valued. We know that a strong work/ life balance is important and we offer all kinds of flexible working opportunities; whether it’s to do with your disability, health or lifestyle choices we will support you to achieve the right balance. So if you're interested in flexible working opportunities, talk to us during the hiring process and we'll see what we can do.
Support customers to address their barriers to employment by individual tailored packages of support so they have the necessary skills and confidence to secure and sustain employment.
Be the coach and mentor and be the principle highly trusted contact to build strong positive relationships, guide, motivate, challenge, encourage and help customers obtain sustainable employment.
Achieve delivery targets by working with customers to identify employment opportunities and support them into and during employment.
1. Meet personal performance targets and Key Performance Indicators
2. Manage a caseload of customers using a variety of coaching strategies to help customers overcome barriers to obtaining sustainable employment.
3. Undertake in-depth assessments using a suite of tools to fully understand a customer’s circumstances, preferences and holistic barriers to progression.
4. Co-produce personalised tailored SMART action plans with sequenced interventions and development opportunities.
5. Use an integration framework of local specialist services to obtain support to address specific issues (e.g. substance misuse, anger management, debt advice, health and vocational training).
6. Use social prescribing to develop and improve customer circumstances (e.g. healthy eating classes, smoking cessation and social groups)
7. Work with multiple agencies to develop holistic approaches to support customers (e.g. NHS mental health services, Local Authority Housing Services). With customer consent undertake case conferences with external agencies to jointly optimise support packages
8. Support the customer in all aspects of job-search and interview preparation to ensure that customers are matched to the right job that enables them to sustain employment and develop a career.
9. Fully understand the local labour market to source suitable job opportunities.
10. Undertaking direct marketing to employers using digital and electronic formats e.g. email, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc.
11. Market specific customers to employers.
12. Identify the specific recruitment needs of each employer and undertake tailored pre-screens and group assessments.
13. Co-produce effective in-work support plans with participants and employers, based on an assessment of need, providing practical support to ensure a smooth transition into work. When appropriate facilitate job carving opportunities.
14. Be mindful of Health & Safety within the customer’s workplace and actively promote and report (if appropriate) to ensure a safe working environment for all customers.
15. Develop specialist knowledge areas such as specific disabilities, housing, benefits etc. Provide advice to other staff on these specialisms across the programme.
16. Develop relationships with key stakeholders to maximise customer opportunities.
17. Proactively participate in continuous improvement activities to ensure that the service continues to deliver excellent customer service.
18. Maintain IT files and customer records to the required compliance and quality standards.
19. Fully comply with company policies including those for personal data security, safeguarding and health & safety.
20. Work from local hubs and community outreach locations (sometimes alongside other services e.g. housing, health and primary care centres) to increase service accessibility.
21. Work flexibility which may include evenings and weekends as well as being based in different hub locations when required.
22. To actively and positively promote Pluss, its vision and values at all times. To include targeted marketing activities such as networking, attendance at events and public relations activity in line with the Pluss Marketing Strategy
23. Uphold safeguard and promote the organisations values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, integrity, corporate, social responsibility, equal opportunities and diversity as referenced in the company policy and values standards.
25. Responsibility to act on any issues of concern in relation to Safeguarding Adults and Children. This requires adhering to and acting on Pluss policies and procedures.
25. Uphold and comply with Data Protection and confidentiality standards.
- Empowers & Inspires Others
- Building Effective Relationships
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Planning & Organising
- Demonstrates effective questioning skills, including probing and challenging
- Demonstrates effective coaching and mentoring skills
- High level of digital literacy skills, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and web-based communication technologies
- Experience or ability to cold call and close agreements with employers
- Demonstrates the ability to market specific attributes of customers to employers
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Experience of working with people with multiple and complex needs, including health conditions and disabilities
- Understanding of how to affect positive behaviour change
- Quality & Compliance: Understanding of the requirement for accurate completion of paperwork and contract compliance
- Member of IEP
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths at grade ‘C’ or above or equivalent qualification or experience
- A strong commitment to personal and professional development
- Commitment to develop and implement equal opportunities policy and anti-discriminatory practices in employment and service delivery
- Ability to work within Corporate Policy, Procedures and Health & Safety Legislation
- Commitment to the Company’s safeguarding protocols
- Ability to carry out the duties of the job with reasonable adjustments
- Ability to meet the mobility requirements of the job
- Eligible to Work in the UK status
- Emotional Intelligence
- Knowledge of the labour market, wider provision in the local area
- Experience of securing employment opportunities for a wide range of individuals
- Level 3 Award in Employability Services Sector or equivalent