Remploy, in partnership with MAXIMUS is an employee owned commercially focused employment services organisation that is the UK's leading provider of specialist employment support for disabled and disadvantaged people.
To develop, coordinate and manage a network of suppliers and partners across the Washwood Heath area to support effective and integrated provision of services that meet the needs of customers in the delivery of the Employment Support Pilot Contract.
Embedded in a local community, you will be a key factor in the success of the contract, ensuring strong links with the local community, recruiting Community Connectors and creating a legacy for when the contract concludes. The role requires the ability to develop links that will delivery performance now, but the skill to create a strategy for the long term benefit of the area.
The Employment Support Pilot is a 3-year programme, aimed at tackling unemployment and low pay within communities across the WMCA. The intention is for the pilot to be embedded within communities, engaging individuals who are 16 plus, from day 1 to long-term unemployed supporting individuals into sustainable employment opportunities. The other area of focus will be working with individuals on low incomes to increase their wage. The pilot is an inclusive community based programme, providing both pre and post-employment support promoting ‘community support for work’.
1. To liaise with Employment Coaches and local community to understand customer needs and plan the provision of services required; for example, educational support, pre vocational activity, equipment, confidence, pre-employment preparation, rehabilitation, referral to mental health support provision.
2. Establish and maintain good relationships with a network of suppliers, partners and other specialist organisations, in order that they generate the customer referrals required under the contract.
4. Lead the stakeholder engagement within the contract, working to maintain strong relationships with the Commissioner, the Local community, Support Provision and all other interested parties.
5. Ensure there is a clear, effective onboarding process in place for suppliers and partners, including due diligence, providing help and support where appropriate. Conduct regular review meetings with transactional partners
6. Manage the Community Connector recruitment and on-going work of the Community board. Creating a legacy after the contract concludes.
• Able to build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships that meet contractual needs
• Excellent working knowledge of participant barriers, products and services available to them locally and funding streams.
• Ability to plan and organise workload to meet business need and activity in line with contractual obligations.
• Demonstrable influencing and negotiating skills that promote commitment and action
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to a wide range of communication and learning styles both internally and externally.
• Proven track record of delivering results, particularly through the development of partnership arrangements with third party organizations.
• Good awareness of different pricing methodologies – e.g. payment by results, personal budgets, value for money, rewards and incentives.
• Ability to travel independently within the Region and on occasion throughout the UK
• Knowledge, understanding and experience of a range of tools, products, services and partner organsations which can complement, support and add value to the disabled customer’s journey to employment.
• Experience of working and communicating with multiple stakeholders, particularly medical professionals, service providers and employers.
• Strong written communication skills with the ability to produce clear, accurate reports, statistics & documentation through competent ICT use
• Expertise in organizing and running effective and efficient steering groups
• Experience of working with partner organisations to deliver cohesion in delivery across the sector.
• Experience of partnership working in Birmingham/Washwood Heath Area
PERSONAL SKILLS & QUALITIES
• Excellent communication skills with both internal and external parties with the ability to adapt to a wide range of communication and learning styles.
• Strong interpersonal skills particularly around building relationships, listening and questioning with a positive approach to challenging and overcoming limiting beliefs.
• Customer and outcome focused and solutions based approach.
• Negotiation and influencing skills that promote commitment and action.
• Planning, problem solving and organisational skills with the ability to manage own time effectively