Maximus People Services employ real people with a remarkable passion to make a difference. How you behave and get things done is easily as important as your skills and capabilities and we want applicants who buy into our values and want to be part of a global business, in return we offer fantastic learning and development opportunities at every stage of your career.
We care for each other and promote a positive workplace where everyone feels valued. We know that a strong work/ life balance is important and we offer all kinds of flexible working opportunities; whether it’s to do with your disability, health or lifestyle choices we will support you to achieve the right balance. So if you're interested in flexible working opportunities, talk to us during the hiring process and we'll see what we can do.
Responsible for leading, inspiring and engaging an exceptional high-performing team that facilitates and delivers flexible high-quality services.
• Understanding the range of GM eco-system services available to support people to return to work and/or secure employment;
• Demonstrable experience of the delivery of Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) and/Occupational Health
• Excellent communication skills with ability to adapt to a wide range of communication and learning styles;
• Strong interpersonal skills (e.g. listening, questioning and building relationships);
• Influencing skills to promote commitment and action;
• Customer-focused with a strong commitment to customer care;
• Strong team player with a positive, flexible approach to both work and colleagues;
• Creative problem-solving skills and a positive approach to challenging and overcoming limiting beliefs of participants.
• Promoting the HealthWorks brand
• Ensuring delivery of all performance, contract compliance, quality and financial requirements
• Forecasting VRC performance on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
• Monitoring VRC performance in ‘real-time’ via live HealthWorksOnline performance dashboards
• Implementing Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) for underperforming staff
• Sharing VRC best-practice with the whole VRC team to continuously improve quality
• Developing and implementing team strategies for innovative approaches to drive and continuously improve performance.
Experienced Vocational Rehabilitation practitioner, with a minimum 5+ years VR experience in assessment, case management and workplace interventions; CDMP-qualified and members of the VRA or HCPC registered.
RN on the Mental Health register or recognised qualification in a mental health related profession, minimum of 2 years recent relevant experience in an equivalent casework type role.
HCPC registered, member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, minimum of 2 years recent relevant experience in an equivalent casework type role
HCPC registered, holds approved degree or post-grad Diploma/Masters in Occupational Therapy, minimum of 2 years recent relevant experience in an equivalent casework type role.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at C or above including English Language and Maths or equivalent experience.