MAXIMUS People Services is part of MAXIMUS UK, a global leader in health and employment services. For over a decade, we have successfully helped tens of thousands of individuals into sustainable employment, develop their skills and gain their social and economic independence. Through our training and skills programmes, we connect employers with suitable, well-prepared and motivated candidates, and offer in-work support and aftercare services to retain and develop talent from within an organisation.
It is essential to hold a full driving licence, have access to a vehicle and be willing to travel nationally.
To provide leadership and direction within the programmes of Skills to exceed contractual and business objectives. To recruit, manage, coach and mentor team members to exceed individual and team targets for income, quality and compliance. Develop the business in line with targets for growth and development, working with the Business Engagement function and performance manage team members to create a high performing team.
• Manage the delivery of mixed contracts with Trainers to meet the key performance indicators of the business
• Maintain a key focus on business growth, sustained contract delivery and performance management.
• Adhere to the common inspection framework and ensure a Grade 1 Outstanding Ofsted result in all self-assessment activity, mock inspection and actual inspections.
• Work with other Managers to utilise the collective resources to meet learner recruitment, progression and achievement targets.
• Ensure the delivery teams have a complete understanding of the delivery portfolio and effectively promote it to learners and customers to develop learner recruitment strategies
• Produce timely and accurate management information and translate all learner performance data to steer the delivery to reach financial and quality targets.
• The successful delivery of multiple contracts exceeding the Quality and Compliance expectations.
• Recruitment, induction and training of a highly professional team.
• Performance management of individuals where performance vs. set KPI’s, attitude or team ethic in order to ensure maximum performance levels are achieved.
• Report performance of apprenticeship provision to the Head of and other areas of the business and predicted success rates.
• Work with MI and Administrative functions to ensure that paperwork and progress is captured and robust for audit and inspection requirements
• Monitor the performance and development of staff, and ensure that staff training, reviews and appraisals are implemented in line with company procedures.
• Ensure observations of teaching and learning are met in line with company objectives and striving for outstanding working with Curriculum and Quality teams.
• Liaise with and maintain good working relationships with all Stakeholders both internal and external and with employers as required.
• Ensure that the CPD of staff in relation to occupational competence required for the delivery of the apprenticeship standards
• Work with Curriculum Specialists and Functional Skills Specialist to ensure that Skills curriculum is fit for purpose, challenging and engaging
• Ensure appropriate health and safety arrangements are in place to minimise risks and provide for safe working conditions for staff, customers and participants.
• Complete any other duties as reasonably requested by your Line Manager.
• Participate in any staff review/performance management processes involving the identifying and meeting of training needs for self and others.
• Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
• Pursue the achievement and integration of equal opportunities throughout all activities.
• Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
• Comply with all Maximus/Remploy policies and procedures
• Maximus/Remploy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and promote this commitment.
• Ensure the accurate reporting of any incidents
- Demonstrable educational level commensurate with the needs and scope of the role
- Level 2 in Functional Skills English and maths (E )
- Previous experience of managing a vocational delivery operations team including use of performance management strategies
- Experience gained within a commercial, customer-focused environment
- Previous budgetary management and programme profiling responsibility
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and influencing decision making
- Experience of Ofsted inspection (support role or nominee)
- Previous experience of dealing with government departments and / or complex contracting arrangements
- FE / HE / Skills / Employability knowledge
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Influence persuade and motivate others
- Good networking skills – ability to liaise at all levels
- Plan prioritise and implement workloads to timescales
- IT literate
- Self-motivated with a pro-active ‘can-do’ attitude
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Positive attitude at all times. Working on solutions not building barriers
- Versatile and resilient - Ability to deal with challenging situations whilst remaining calm
- Team player – Actively seeks to work in collaboration for others for the benefit of the team
- Willingness to travel with a Full driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Able and willing to travel nationally -essential
Teaching Assessor, and or Teaching qualification at L4 or above
IV, IQA, TAQA